Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Guess who will appear in the March issue of Residential Lighting magazine? Me!


During my visit to Dallas Market Center last month, I happened to visit the CBK showroom while Cristina Saralegui was signing autographs. I understand that many of you may not know who that is so I'll enlighten you. Often labeled the "Oprah of Mexico" (although she is Cuban), Cristina is a 30-year veteran journalist and host of "The Cristina Show" on Univision, the nation's leading Spanish-language television network. She was named one of the "25 Most Influential Hispanics in America" and was the first Latina to be inducted into the Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame. Now you might wonder why she was signing autographs at the Total Home & Gift Market at DMC. She has designed a number of "Spanish inspired" products for the home with the label "Casa Cristina". She has a line of bedding, bathroom accessories and kitchen textiles that are sold through Kohl's. Her furniture designs are manufactured by Pulaski Furniture. CBK, of course, hosted the event to promote her home accents collection. The Minka Group features some of her designs for lighting fixtures and fans. And that is why the Executive Editor of Residential Lighting and Hospitality Lighting magazines was waiting for a the perfect photo opportunity when I got in line for an autograph. She approached me and asked if I was a designer and if she could take my picture with Cristina for Residential Lighting magazine. I told her that I had already asked the lady behind me to snap a picture with my camera phone, but that I was sure her picture would turn out much better. She assured me that she would email me the picture and let me know when it would appear in the magazine. I just got her email and was informed that the picture had been submitted for the March issue. Hopefully my new subscription will kick in by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment