Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Food for Thought

I read this on one of my fellow Tweets updates today and thought I'd share it here. I think of people like Mies Van der Rohe, Le Corbusier and Frank Lloyd Wright and their quotes that have been made famous, at least among the design community. In all actuality, it was not the wisdom of their words that made them famous, but instead the evidence that they knew what they were talking about from their proven designs. It's not their words that inspire us, but their works. I had the privilege of visiting a number or FLW buildings during my visit to Chicago last summer. Although his style of architecture is not my personal favorite, I could not help but marvel at his genius. His words carry more weight after having witnessed his works. The same is true for many gifted designers and architects throughout history.

"People seldom become famous for what they say until after they are famous for what they've done." - C. Hightower

No comments:

Post a Comment