Saturday, August 1, 2009

Getting a Jump Start on Research for my Next Studio Project!

I was absolutely shocked when I heard we might be assigned our first project for my Fall studio class at the end of the Spring semester. With all the activities at the end of the semester, we managed to escape without further mention of it. I was relieved to know that this next studio project wouldn't be looming over my head the entire summer. Studio projects have a tendency to take over your life and I was really looking forward to a break from them. No suck luck! About a week ago I got an email from my professor with a short description of the project and a list of recommended reading. Three of the books were required and then we could choose others from the list for added research. It was strongly suggested we start reading NOW!

It's a green design project and it has a background of the world being in a crisis where people are only allowed a certain amount of square footage based on the number of people in their household. We will have to find materials and resources that will keep people off the grid (public utilities) wherever it's possible. This project will certainly be educating, but I'm not feeling overly excited about it at the moment.

Hopefully that will change when my nice stack of books come in! I ordered the following books from Amazon as very few of them were available at our local libraries. I must admit that the research does look interesting. I'm just not ready to go back to school yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment